Shea butter lip balm is most commonly used to help heal and moisturize sunburned, dry, or cracking lips, as it is said to not only bear anti-inflammatory properties, but is also easily absorbed into the skin. Though it is often used to heal chapped lips, many feel that it can also help prevent dry lips, because it is said to create a moisture barrier.
- Prevents dryness
- Useful in protecting the delicate skin of the lips from the sun and damaging free radicals
- Provided mild protection against the sun
- Contains antioxidants such as vitamins E and A, which help protect the lips from the free radical damage that can make them look prematurely aged, thin, or lined.
- Helps the lips look more supple and youthful.
- Contains vitamin K, which helps preserve skin elasticity.
- Soothes sore or dry lips
- Heals irritation, sunburn, and small wounds
- When used over time, this combination of nutrients is said to be helpful in treating and preventing lip lines and aging