Moringa is a superfood that has recently shot up to fame. However, it’s been consumed for years in Africa as a nutrient-rich food. Moringa powder is obtained from grinding up the leaves to form a lovely green powder. You may have heard that moringa is an incredible booster to add into your diet, but did you know it can also be used as part of your beauty regime?
Here is an example of a powerful moisturizing and brightening face mask, combining the powerful benefits of Moringa Powder with beauty-boosting natural ingredients.
Moringa – An excellent source of antioxidants and contains high levels of vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E, all of which help promote healthy skin:
- Vitamin A – rocks the skin you’re in by keeping it soft and supple and helps to rejuvenate and repair skin cells and tissue. In some cases, vitamin A has been shown to have a positive effect on improving acne and redness. A vitamin A-rich facemask promotes a smoother, more radiant complexion.
- Vitamin C – helps with turning back the clock a little by assisting collagen producing, giving skin strength and elasticity. As it’s such a powerful antioxidant it naturally helps slow down the ageing process, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin E – can not only improve your skin texture, it can also prevent wrinkles and help counter the effects of sun damage, smoking and pollution.
Rose water – a great cleanser that aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores
Honey – Has natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which help brighten the skin and thoroughly cleanse it.
Lemon – High in vitamin C which boosts collagen production, while the citric acid tightens pores and brightens overall skin. Lemon juice also contains lutein which strengthens natural antioxidants, fights premature aging and enhances UV defence.
2 drops tea tree oil
water (to help blend)
Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Apply to your face using clean fingers. Take care to avoid the delicate eye area.
Leave mask on your face for about 10-15 minutes.
Rinse with warm water.
Here are 8 top benefits of incorporating a Moringa Face Mask into your weekly face routine:
- Enhance Collagen Production
- Hydrating & pH Balancing
- Diminishes Bruises and Blemishes
- Detoxes Skin Layers
- Fights Insomnia
- Helps with Acne
- Protects Against Sun Damage
Enjoy your soft, smooth and vibrant skin!